Charred Sweet Pepper Potato Chowder
- Coat a 4-quart Dutch oven with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the peppers; coat with cooking spray. Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until charred, stirring frequently.
- Add the onions and cook for 5 to 6 minutes more or until soft and golden brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in the potatoes and broth. Bring to boiling, reduce heat, and simmer, covered, for 12 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
- Coarsely mash with a potato masher. Add the milk and cayenne pepper, if using. Heat through.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper. Divide among shallow soup bowls and top with cheese, yogurt, and bacon.
Nutrition Facts (Charred Sweet Pepper Potato Chowder)
- Per serving:
- 255 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 32 mg chol. ,
- 284 mg sodium ,
- 30 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 15 g sugar ,
- 11 g pro.
Stephanie Burton 1146 Days Ago
Pretty easy to make; it took me longer than the 12 minutes to cook the potatoes. Flavor is definitely boosted with salt and pepper and some cheese. I did not have any bacon on hand but that would be delicious, too! My 4-year old did not like the peppers, but seemed ok with the rest of the soup.