Cauliflower Steaks with Hazelnuts & Browned Butter
- Remove outer leaves from cauliflower. Slice cauliflower, top to bottom, through the core; place cut sides down. Cut each half crosswise through the stem into 3/4-inch slices to create steaks. (You will get four to six steaks and some florets.) Lay the steaks and florets in a shallow baking pan. Brush both sides evenly with oil. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until very hot, 3 to 5 minutes. Place half the cauliflower in the skillet; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. Turn and cook the other side 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to the baking pan; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining cauliflower.
- Reduce heat to medium; let skillet cool down slightly (5 to 8 minutes). Add the butter and hazelnuts to the skillet. Stir 5 minutes or until the butter turns golden brown and hazelnuts are toasted. Remove skillet from heat.
- Return cauliflower to skillet. Spoon the butter mixture over the cauliflower. Top with marjoram and lemon zest.
Nutrition Facts (Cauliflower Steaks with Hazelnuts & Browned Butter)
- Per serving:
- 296 kcal ,
- 30 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 16 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 31 mg chol. ,
- 366 mg sodium ,
- 7 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.