Cauliflower-Sauced Chicken Skillet
- In a large skillet cook chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until done (165 degrees F), turning once. Remove from skillet.
- In same skillet add broth, dried tomatoes, and shallot. Bring to boiling. Add asparagus; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Return chicken to skillet; add sauce, 1 Tbsp. thyme, the salt, and pepper; heat. Top with additional fresh thyme.
Homemade Cauliflower Sauce
- In a 4-qt. pot heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in cauliflower and broth. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 20 minutes or until cauliflower is very tender. Remove from heat. Cool slightly. Transfer mixture to a blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth. Add remaining ingredients. Blend until combined.
Nutrition Facts (Cauliflower-Sauced Chicken Skillet)
- Per serving:
- 206 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 65 mg chol. ,
- 404 mg sodium ,
- 9 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 24 g pro.
dora-faye 125 Days Ago
This was advertised as an "easy" recipe and said it would take only 30 min., start to finish. Well that might have worked IF everything had been prepared ahead of time--and there were a number of ingredients one might NOT have on hand--quite a few!! The recipe tells us to cook the chicken and the vegetables first, simmer them for 8-10 min, THEN gives us the directions for the sauce, which takes 4-5 min for the onion & garlic, then you add the cauliflower and bring it to a boil, then simmer it for 20 min. Did you count those minutes? It was tasty but not so great that I want to go through all that prep again. Might be "easy" but not "quick"; it took an hour!! Can I not believe all your hype???
carol5207 169 Days Ago
Was not impressed with this dish, particularly the sauce. It needed way more liquid than the recipe called for, and still was a little mealy. Won't be making again.
Marie Keller 495 Days Ago
The cauliflower sauce recipe is there. Are you supposed to cook it for any length of time before you add it?
Lyse Laframboise 513 Days Ago
Sounded good until I read the recipe and no cauliflower sauce recipe - the main ingredient.
Joann Glock 515 Days Ago
Dah.....how long do you think it will be before they fix this one?
Linda Christiansen 515 Days Ago
Only looked at the recipe to see how to make the cauliflower sauce. Somewhat useless.
Crystal Silva 522 Days Ago
Part of the recipe is missing. The main part...Cauliflower Sauce