Recipes and Cooking Carrot Soup with Tarragon and Cream Be the first to rate & review! A bowl of this smooth and creamy carrot soup is the perfect way to warm up on a chilly day. When purchasing, look for plump carrots without any cracks or soft spots. If the carrots still have the greens attached, remove them before storing in the refrigerator so they don't lose moisture. By Laraine Perri Laraine Perri Laraine Perri is a freelance editor and food writer based in New York City. Her experience covering food and parenting topics, as well as developing recipes, has helped her build a career among national publications like Better Homes & Gardens and Prevention magazine.Laraine's approach to food is simple: easy, delicious, veggie-filled dishes that your family will enjoy, including the little ones. As a mother, Laraine also understands that nutritious food and quick clean-ups can go hand by hand with some creativity. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on October 28, 2020 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Jacob Fox Prep Time: 35 mins Cook Time: 10 mins Total Time: 45 mins Servings: 8 Yield: 7 1/2 cups Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 3 tablespoon unsalted butter 2 cup carrots, peeled and thinly sliced 1 cup thinly sliced leek (white and light green parts only) ½ cup chopped russet potato 1 large shallot, finely chopped pinch kosher salt 1 clove garlic, finely chopped 1 ½ teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon 2 tablespoon dry white wine 1 quart chicken broth ¼ teaspoon kosher salt ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1 tablespoon heavy cream Directions In a 4-qt. saucepan, melt butter over medium. Add carrots, leek, potato, shallot, and kosher salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Stir in garlic and tarragon; cook about 1 minute or until fragrant. Add wine; cook and stir about 2 minutes or until nearly evaporated. Add broth; bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 10 minutes or until carrots and potatoes are tender. Cool soup slightly. Puree using an immersion blender or transfer soup to a blender and puree in batches (return soup to saucepan). Add the 1/4 tsp. kosher salt, the pepper, and cream. If desired, serve with additional fresh tarragon. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 84 Calories 5g Fat 8g Carbs 1g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 8 Calories 84 % Daily Value * Total Fat 5g 6% Saturated Fat 3g 15% Cholesterol 16mg 5% Sodium 500mg 22% Total Carbohydrate 8g 3% Total Sugars 3g Protein 1g Vitamin C 4.9mg 25% Calcium 25mg 2% Iron 0.5mg 3% Potassium 212mg 5% Folate, total 14.1mcg Vitamin B-6 0.1mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.