Carnival Cookie Fries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine all-purpose flour, sugar, bread flour, and salt. Process to combine. Add butter and pulse until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine eggs and vanilla. Stir the flour and sprinkles into the egg mixture. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill until easy to handle, about 1 hour.
- In a heavy, deep 3-quart saucepan or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 350 degrees F over medium heat.
- Roll the dough to -inch thickness. Cut 1/4-inch thick "fries" out of dough. Transfer "fries" to prepared baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. Let "fries" cool on pan set on a wire rack for 3 minutes.
- Fry cookies in batches for about 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Using tongs or a slotted spoon, transfer "fries" to a paper towel lined plate. Serve with Strawberry Ketchup and Mango Mustard*.
From the Test Kitchen
Using the back of a spoon, press 1/2 cup strawberry jam through a fine mesh sieve.
In a blender or food processor combine 1/2 cup refrigerated mango slices and 1 1/2 teaspoons honey. Cover and blend or process until smooth. (If you can't get refrigerated mango slices, try using frozen and thawed mango chunks instead. The color may be a slightly paler yellow when using frozen mango.)
Nutrition Facts (Carnival Cookie Fries)
- Per serving:
- 371 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 54 mg chol. ,
- 195 mg sodium ,
- 57 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 32 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.