Caramel-Pecan-Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease twenty-four 1 3/4-inch muffin cups; set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, granulated sugar, and the ground pecans. Using a pastry blender cut in the 1/2 cup butter until pieces are pea size. Stir in the egg yolk until combined. Shape dough into 24 balls. Press each ball evenly into the bottoms and up the sides of the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a medium mixing bowl beat the 1/4 cup butter, the cream cheese, pumpkin, and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and pumpkin pie spice until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Spoon filling evenly into the partially-baked crusts. Bake about 15 minutes more or until filling is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Run a thin knife or thin metal spatula around the edge of each cheesecake bite. Carefully transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Cover and chill before serving.
- Just before serving, in a small bowl stir together the caramel topping and 1/4 cup pecans. Spoon 1 teaspoon mixture onto each cheesecake bite.
From the Test Kitchen
Place plain cheesecake bites in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw, if frozen. Top with caramel-pecan mixture just before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Caramel-Pecan-Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites)
- Per serving:
- 130 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 35 mg chol. ,
- 90 mg sodium ,
- 11 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.