Caramel-Nut Revel Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Coat foil with cooking spray; set pan aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the 1/2 cup butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and the 1 teaspoon vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour and the oats. Remove 2/3 cup of the oat mixture; set aside. Using floured hands, press the remaining oat mixture onto the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- In a small heavy saucepan cook and stir caramels and milk over low heat just until mixture is smooth. Drizzle caramel mixture over oatmeal mixture in pan. Sprinkle with 1 1/3 cups of the marshmallows and 2/3 cup of the peanuts.
- In a medium heavy saucepan combine chocolate pieces, sweetened condensed milk, and the 2 tablespoons butter. Cook over low heat until chocolate is melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in the 2 teaspoons vanilla. Pour chocolate mixture evenly over layers in pan. Spoon small mounds of the reserved oat mixture over chocolate mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining 2/3 cup marshmallows and the remaining 1/3 cup peanuts.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until golden. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut bars out of pan. Cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Caramel-Nut Revel Bars)
- Per serving:
- 208 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 17 mg chol. ,
- 80 mg sodium ,
- 29 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 20 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.