Caramel Crunch Apple Crisp
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, toss together apples, granulated sugar, and cinnamon. Spoon evenly into a 2-quart square baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, and brown sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in egg white and nuts until combined. Sprinkle topping over apples.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until topping is golden and apples are tender (if necessary, cover with foil during the last 10 minutes to prevent overbrowning). Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave caramel topping, uncovered, on 100 percent power (high) for 10 seconds. Drizzle over crisp before serving.
From the Test Kitchen
Choose from Sweet'N Low Brown or Sugar Twin Granulated Brown to substitute for the brown sugar. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 1/4 cup brown sugar. We do not recommend using a sugar substitute for the granulated sugar.
PER SERVING WITH SUBSTITUTE: Same as above, except 158 cal., 28 g carb., 32 mg sodium
To toast nuts, spread in a shallow baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until golden, shaking pan once or twice.
Nutrition Facts (Caramel Crunch Apple Crisp)
- Per serving:
- 181 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 7 mg chol. ,
- 34 mg sodium ,
- 34 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 20 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.