- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a 3-qt. rectangular baking dish. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta, reserving 3/4 cup of the cooking water. Set pasta and the reserved water aside.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add spinach; cook and stir about 1 minute more or just until spinach is wilted. Transfer spinach mixture to an extra-large bowl. Add pasta, 1 1/2 cups of the tomatoes, the beans, 1/2 cup of the basil, and the olives.
- In a blender or food processor combine roasted peppers, salt, and the reserved pasta cooking water. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Add to pasta mixture; stir to coat. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake, covered, 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 10 minutes more or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan bring vinegar to boiling over medium heat; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes or until vinegar is reduced to 1/3 cup.
- Before serving, top pasta mixture with the remaining 1/2 cup tomatoes and the remaining 1/4 cup basil. Drizzle with the reduced vinegar.
Nutrition Facts (Caprese Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 355 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 18 mg chol. ,
- 706 mg sodium ,
- 52 g carb. ,
- 9 g fiber ,
- 9 g sugar ,
- 17 g pro.