- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread almonds in a shallow baking pan. Toast in the preheated oven for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring two to three times. Remove from oven; let cool.
- Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan. Butter the foil; set pan aside.
- Butter the sides of a heavy 2-quart saucepan. In the saucepan, combine powdered sugar, milk, and butter. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture boils and sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium-low. Boil gently, without stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add the white chocolate. Stir until white chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth and creamy. Remove from heat; stir in dried fruit, almonds, and, if desired, almond extract. Immediately spread fudge in prepared pan. Cover and chill 6 hours or until firm.
- When fudge is firm, use foil to lift it out of pan. Cut fudge into 1-inch squares or triangles. If desired, tint canned frosting with food coloring. Pipe frosting over cut pieces. Makes about 2 pounds (64 pieces).
From the Test Kitchen
Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Nutrition Facts (Cherry-Almond Fudge)
- Per serving:
- 67 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- 4 mg chol. ,
- 15 mg sodium ,
- 8 g carb. ,
- 1 g pro.