Candy Corn Waffled Cake
- Coat the grid of a 6 1/2-inch round waffle baker with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Pour 1/2 cup cake batter onto grid of waffle baker, starting at the center. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Use a fork to loosen waffle cake; remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining batter.
- When cooled, spread each waffle with 1/3 cup cream cheese frosting (do not separate waffle into wedges). To decorate each, place a 4-inch round cookie cutter on the center of a waffle, without pressing. Place a 2 1/4-inch round cookie cutter in the center of the larger cookie cutter, without pressing. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon yellow sprinkles around the edge of each waffle up to the larger cookie cutter. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons orange sprinkles in between the two cookie cutters. Leave the center of the smaller cookie cutter plain. Lift cutters from waffle. Repeat with remaining waffles. Cut each waffle into 8 wedges.
From the Test Kitchen
* Or, to make Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened 2 teaspoons vanilla 5 1/2 - 6 cups powdered sugar In a very large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add enough of the powdered sugar until spreading consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Candy Corn Waffled Cake)
- Per serving:
- 137 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 103 mg sodium ,
- 21 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 18 g sugar ,
- 0 g pro.