Honey-Nut Cheesecake--COVER version
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Generously grease the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan. Set aside. In a small bowl, combine ground nuts and sugar; set aside.
- Unfold phyllo dough; remove one sheet. (While you work, keep the remaining phyllo dough covered with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.) Brush dough with some of the melted butter. Place another sheet of phyllo on top of the first, rotating it slightly to stagger the corners. Brush with a little more of the melted butter. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets and butter.
- Ease the phyllo stack into the prepared pan, pleating it as necessary and being careful not to tear the phyllo. Sprinkle nut mixture over phyllo in pan.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, honey, and flour. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Beat in milk. Using a wooden spoon, stir in eggs and lemon peel.
- Cool in springform pan on a wire rack for 1 hour. Using a small sharp knife, loosen from side of pan. Remove side of pan. Cool for 1 hour more. Cover and chill for at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours.
- If desired, brush raspberries and rosemary sprig with light-colored corn syrup and sprinkle with sanding sugar. Arrange raspberries and rosemary on top of the cheesecake. Makes 12 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Use a grinder, blender, or food processor to grind the nuts, watching carefully because nuts can form a paste if ground too much.
Nutrition Facts (Honey-Nut Cheesecake--COVER version)
- Per serving:
- 438 kcal ,
- 35 g fat
- (19 g sat. fat ,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 10 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 139 mg chol. ,
- 251 mg sodium ,
- 27 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 18 g sugar ,
- 10 g pro.