Company Cake Express
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour twelve 2-1/2-inch muffin pans, thirty-six 1-3/4-inch muffin pans, or a combination of both sizes, shaking out excess flour. Set aside.
- In a small bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar and vanilla; beat until well combined. Add egg and beat well. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to beaten mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Fill muffin cups two-thirds full with batter.
- Bake 15 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 5 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat butter until fluffy. Gradually add 2 cups of the powdered sugar, beating well. Slowly beat in the rum or rum flavoring and 2 tablespoons milk. Slowly beat in remaining powdered sugar. Beat in additional milk, if needed, to reach piping or spreading consistency.
- To decorate, invert cupcakes. Using a pastry bag fitted with a round tip, pipe dots or swirls of frosting on bottoms of cupcakes. (Or using a table knife or small spatula, spread frosting on bottom of each inverted cupcake.)
- To serve, arrange on a cake stand with small cupcakes to outside of plate if using both 2-1/2- and 1-3/4-inch sizes. Garnish with nasturtium petals and scented geranium leaves. Makes 12 (or 36) cupcakes.
From the Test Kitchen
Nutrition facts are based on 12 cupcakes.
Nutrition Facts (Company Cake Express)
- Per serving:
- 302 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 43 mg chol. ,
- 185 mg sodium ,
- 52 g carb. ,
- 2 g pro.