Best Coffee Cake
- Prepare Pecan Streusel. Preheat oven to 325 degree F. Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Generously butter the inside of a 10-inch tube pan or 10-inch fluted tube pan using as much of the 6 tablespoons butter as possible. Coat the inside of the pan with the pecans, pressing the nuts into the butter as necessary; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the 3/4 cup butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat 4 to 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating for 10 to 20 seconds after each addition and scraping bowl down well. Beat in flour mixture, one-third at a time, until just combined.
- Spoon one-third to one-half of the batter into the prepared pan, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with half of the Pecan Streusel, spreading evenly. Spoon the remaining batter over the Pecan Streusel, spreading evenly. Sprinkle evenly with remaining Streusel.
- Bake in preheated oven for 65 to 70 minutes or until cake pulls away from sides of pan and top springs back when lightly touched and/or a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from pan. Turn upright and cool completely on rack. Makes 12 servings.
- In a small bowl combine pecans, sugar, unsweetened cocoa powder, and cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts (Best Coffee Cake)
- Per serving:
- 568 kcal ,
- 40 g fat
- (17 g sat. fat ,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 15 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 141 mg chol. ,
- 411 mg sodium ,
- 48 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 29 g sugar ,
- 8 g pro.
T.l. Hall 1792 Days Ago
This recipe is great, the only changes I would make or add are additional ingredients...I like a little more spice and moisture. Coffee cake is suppose to be drier than regular cake but, my solution to this is to add...1/4 tsp butter, 1 to 1 1/3 Cup of apple butter, 1/2 tsp Cinnamon, 1/3 tsp Nutmeg. Add and blend in with other ingredients within steps 2 & 3. Whether you choose to add my selection of additional ingredients or not this coffee cake has a great flavor and was enjoyed by even my pickiest or eaters...enjoy! Two Thumbs UP!!!