- For crust, brush bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan with some of the melted margarine. Unroll phyllo dough; cover with plastic wrap. Remove 1 sheet of phyllo and cut into a 13-inch circle. Ease the circle into the prepared pan off-center so that phyllo extends 3 inches up side of pan. Brush with melted margarine. Repeat with remaining phyllo and remaining margarine, placing sheets off-center to cover bottom and side of pan. Make 2 slits in the center of phyllo for steam to escape.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven 9 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Lower oven temperature to 325 degree F.
- Meanwhile, drain and chop artichokes, reserving 2 tablespoons of the marinade; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add feta, oregano, and garlic powder. Beat well. Add eggs; beat just until combined. Do not overbeat. Stir in artichoke hearts, reserved marinade, and green onions. Pour into crust. Bake in a 325 degree F oven 35 to 40 minutes or until center is soft-set and outside stays firm when gently shaken. Cool.
- Cover; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or for up to 24 hours. To serve, remove from pan and, if desired, let stand to bring to room temperature or serve immediately. If desired, top with tomato slices, olives, and bail leaves. Cut into wedges. Makes 14 appetizer servings.
From the Test Kitchen
For a lower-fat version:
Substitute fat-free cheese for the regular cream cheese.
Nutrition Facts (Appetizer Cheesecake)
- Per serving:
- 273 kcal ,
- 24 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat ,
- 108 mg chol. ,
- 368 mg sodium ,
- 7 g carb. ,
- 7 g pro.