Amaretto Cake with Cinnamon Swirl
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a 10-inch (12-cup) fluted tube pan. In food processor combine almonds and cinnamon. Cover; process until nuts are finely chopped. Coat bottom and sides of pan with half the mixture. Add almond paste to remaining mixture in processor. Process until combined.
- In large mixing bowl combine cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, eggs, 1/2 cup water, oil, and amaretto. Beat with mixer on low speed to combine. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl as needed. Spoon half the batter into pan. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon-almond paste mixture over batter. Spoon remaining batter on cinnamon mixture.
- Bake about 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Place on rack over waxed paper. Using wooden skewer, poke several holes in top of cake. Prepare Glaze and spoon over cake.
- In small saucepan combine water, sugar, and butter. Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (Amaretto Cake with Cinnamon Swirl)
- Per serving:
- 456 kcal ,
- 23 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 8 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 82 mg chol. ,
- 458 mg sodium ,
- 51 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 31 g sugar ,
- 7 g pro.