Cafe au Lait Cheesecake
- For crust, in a bowl combine the crushed cookies and butter. Press cookie mixture onto the bottom and about 2 inches up the sides of an 8-inch springform pan. Chill crust until needed.
- In a small saucepan combine chocolate, the water, and the 1 tablespoon espresso coffee powder. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate starts to melt. Remove from heat, stirring until smooth. Stir in coffee liqueur; cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For filling, in a large bowl beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in eggs. Reserve 2 cups of the filling; cover and chill.
- Stir cooled chocolate mixture into the remaining filling, stirring just until combined. Pour chocolate mixture into crust-lined pan; place pan in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until edge is set (center will be soft-set). Remove reserved filling from the refrigerator 10 minutes before needed. Carefully pour reserved filling in a ring around the outside edge of the chocolate mixture (where chocolate mixture is set). Gently spread evenly over entire surface. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes more or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, loosen crust from side of pan; cool for 30 minutes more. Remove side of pan; cool cheesecake completely on rack. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving. If desired, to serve, dust with additional espresso coffee powder.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed, except chill for up to 24 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Cafe au Lait Cheesecake)
- Per serving:
- 424 kcal ,
- 29 g fat
- (17 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 9 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 146 mg chol. ,
- 333 mg sodium ,
- 35 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 25 g sugar ,
- 8 g pro.