Cabbage and Carrot Salad with Peanut Sauce
- In a large bowl soak bean threads in enough hot water to cover for 10 minutes. Drain well. Using kitchen shears, snip bean threads into smaller strands.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine broth, peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, lime juice, sesame oil, and garlic. Add cabbage and carrots. Toss to combine.
- Divide noodles among four serving plates. Top with cabbage mixture. Sprinkle cabbage mixture with cilantro and peanuts. Serve with lime wedges.
From the Test Kitchen
To bump up the protein in this dish, top the salad with leftover grilled chicken or tofu.
Nutrition Facts (Cabbage and Carrot Salad with Peanut Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 278 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 442 mg sodium ,
- 44 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 14 g sugar ,
- 6 g pro.
westonvj 182 Days Ago
Excellent! I added a sliced small yellow onion, and frozen peas instead of carrots then tossed it all in a wok for a few minutes before adding the sauce. The sauce is a perfect mix of lime and honey. Thumbs up from the entire family. We will definitely be making this again.