- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place squash in a shallow baking pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with thyme, salt and black pepper; toss to coat. Roast, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, prepare pastry. On a large piece of lightly floured parchment paper, roll pastry to a 13-inch circle. Slide parchment and pastry onto a baking sheet.
- Mound squash in center of pastry, leaving 1 1/2 inches of border uncovered. Using parchment, lift and fold pastry edge over filling, pleating as necessary. Sprinkle filling with feta. If desired, brush pastry with milk.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden. Cool slightly before serving. Sprinkle with additional thyme and drizzle with honey.
From the Test Kitchen
Pastry for Single-Crust Pie
In a medium bowl stir together 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour and 1/2 tsp. salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in 1/4 cup shortening and 1/4 cup butter until pieces are pea size. Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. cold water over part of the flour mixture; toss with a fork. Push moistened pastry to side of bowl. Repeat moistening, using 1 Tbsp. cold water at a time (no more than 5 Tbsp. total), until all flour mixture is moistened. Gather pastry into a ball, kneading gently until it holds together.
After Step 3, cover galette on parchment with plastic wrap; freeze until firm. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze up to 1 month. Bake at 375 degrees F covered with foil for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 45 minutes more or until golden.
Nutrition Facts (Butternut-Feta Galette)
- Per serving:
- 410 kcal ,
- 24 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 9 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 31 mg chol. ,
- 571 mg sodium ,
- 45 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 7 g pro.