Bulgur Salad with Chickpeas, Feta, and Mint
- In a medium saucepan bring water to boiling. Add bulgur and 1/2 tsp. of the salt. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes or until water is absorbed and bulgur is tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil over high heat. Add garlic; reduce heat to medium high. Cook and stir until garlic starts to turn golden around the edges. Remove from heat. Stir garlic and oil into bulgur mixture.
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine red wine vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, lime peel, lime juice, remaining 1/2 tsp. salt, and pepper. Cover and shake well. Stir dressing into bulgur mixture. Add chicken, cannellini beans, sweet pepper, feta cheese, 3/4 cup of the parsley, and 3/4 cup of the mint to bulgur mixture; toss to mix well. To serve, top with remaining parsley and mint.
From the Test Kitchen
Substitute 2 1/2 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa for the cooked bulgur. Omit step 1; begin with step 2.
Omit the chicken for a meatless entree or side dish.
Nutrition Facts (Bulgur Salad with Chickpeas, Feta, and Mint)
- Per serving:
- 467 kcal ,
- 24 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 13 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 79 mg chol. ,
- 826 mg sodium ,
- 33 g carb. ,
- 9 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 31 g pro.
maryanne.greczyn 673 Days Ago
I halved the mint and doubled the beans, but otherwise did everything according to the recipe. Wonderful - and great leftover too! Be sure and get a very good quality chicken - preferably seasoned, as that makes all the difference!
Anonymous 2098 Days Ago
Made this with quinoa and everyone loved it!!
Jody White 2116 Days Ago
Made this with quinoa and cannelli beans. Excellent!!