Build a Snack Stadium
For the Football Field
- Place a 13x9-inch foil baking pan in the middle of the table.
- Spread refried beans in an even layer in the bottom of the pan. Top with even layers of sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo, shredded cheese, sliced black olives, shredded Romaine or green leaf lettuce.
- Place about 1/3 cup of sour cream in a heavy plastic bag; snip off a corner to create a small opening. Pipe sour cream lines on to the lettuce "football field".
For the Stadium
- Outline the center baking pan with seven 8x4-inch foil loaf pans.
- Place four 8x4-inch foil loaf pans up-side-down on the two short ends of the stadium, two pans per side.
- Fill each loaf pan with desired appetizers and dips.
- Surround stadium with assorted sandwiches.
- Place Lights at the corner of the stadium. Place Goal Posts on the field. Enjoy,
From the Test Kitchen
To Make Lights:
Thread 3 large black olives onto a 3-inch skewer. Stick another 3- to 4-inch skewer in the center olive and let stand in a sub sandwich on the corner. Repeat three more times to cover all corners.
To Make Goal Posts:
Cut a processed meat stick (such as a Slim Jim®) into four 2-inch pieces. Assemble into the shape of a goal post using toothpicks as pegs. Insert into the middle of the short end of the "football field".