Malted Fudge Brownies
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine flour, malted milk powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter and chocolate; heat and stir over low heat until chocolate melts. Remove from heat; stir in sugar. Using a wooden spoon, beat in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla. Stir in flour mixture, walnuts, and half of the crushed malted milk balls. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars. To package, place remaining crushed malted milk balls in a small plastic bag and include the instructions, "use a small amount of canned frosting to 'glue' malted milk ball pieces atop bars".
From the Test Kitchen
Layer unfrosted bars between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Makes 30 bars.
Nutrition Facts (Malted Fudge Brownies)
- Per serving:
- 245 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 47 mg chol. ,
- 140 mg sodium ,
- 29 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 19 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.
foodfaithandfinds 1693 Days Ago
These are nice and fudgy with an interesting flavor.