- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla until combined. Beat in the 1 cup chocolate syrup. Beat in flour until combined. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan, spreading evenly. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan cook 1/4 cup of the whipping cream, the white chocolate, and marshmallows over low heat until melted and smooth, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Place the 1 1/2 cups raspberries in a food processor or blender. Cover and process or blend until smooth. Press mixture through a fine-mesh sieve; discard seeds. Stir pureed raspberries into marshmallow mixture.
- In a chilled large mixing bowl beat the remaining 3/4 cup whipping cream, the powdered sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Gradually fold raspberry mixture into whipped cream until combined.
- To serve, cut brownies into twelve 3-inch squares. Place brownie squares on dessert plates. Spoon raspberry mixture onto brownies; drizzle with additional chocolate syrup. Garnish with additional raspberries and, if desired, mint sprigs.
From the Test Kitchen
For 6 servings:
Prepare as directed, except use an 8x8x2-inch baking pan and halve all of the ingredients, using 1 whole egg and 1 egg white.
Anna Ginsberg Austin, TX Chocolate Syrup Creations Feb 2008
Nutrition Facts (Brownie-Raspberry Dessert)
- Per serving:
- 382 kcal ,
- 18 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat ,
- 9 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 101 mg chol. ,
- 207 mg sodium ,
- 50 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 35 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.