Recipes and Cooking Brown Sugar- and Whiskey- Glazed Ham 3.7 (33) 1 Review Be the talk of the holiday table with whiskey-glazed ham. Brown sugar, whiskey, and cola give this mouthwatering centerpiece its juicy-sweet flavor. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on September 5, 2012 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Kritsada Panichgul Prep Time: 15 mins Bake Time: 1 hrs 30 mins Total Time: 1 hrs 45 mins Servings: 20 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 1 - 8 6 pound cooked ham, rump half 1 cup packed dark brown sugar 1 cup cola 1 tablespoon dry mustard 1 tablespoon cider vinegar ½ teaspoon ground black pepper ¼ cup bourbon whiskey Lemon slices (optional) Fresh sage (optional) Directions Preheat oven to 325°F. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Insert an oven-going meat thermometer into center of ham. The thermometer should not touch bone. Bake for 1-1/2 to 2-1/4 hours or until thermometer registers 140°F. Meanwhile, for glaze, in a medium saucepan combine brown sugar, cola, dry mustard, vinegar, and pepper. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve brown sugar. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until reduced to about 3/4 cup. Remove from heat; stir in whiskey. Brush ham with some of the glaze during the last 20 minutes of baking. If desired, garnish with lemon slices and sage. Serve with the remaining glaze. Tips Low on brown sugar? Use ½ cup honey and ½ cup maple syrup instead. In favor of warm spice flavor? When simmering the glaze, add 2 inches stick cinnamon, 4 whole cloves, and 4 whole allspice; discard spices before glazing. For a nonalcohol version, substitute an equal amount of orange juice or apple juice for the whiskey. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 265 Calories 11g Fat 13g Carbs 26g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 20 Calories 265 % Daily Value * Total Fat 11g 14% Saturated Fat 4g 20% Cholesterol 73mg 24% Sodium 860mg 37% Total Carbohydrate 13g 5% Total Sugars 13g Protein 26g Calcium 20.2mg 2% Iron 1.3mg 7% Potassium 441mg 9% Vitamin B-12 0.6mcg Vitamin B-6 0.6mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.