Breakfast Fruit and Nut Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In a large bowl combine egg, brown sugar, butter, and vanilla. Stir in dates; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oat bran, ground flaxseeds, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add flour mixture to date mixture, stirring until moist. Stir in pecans.
- Using a scant 1/4 cup measure or scoop, drop dough into 10 mounds about 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool on cookie sheets for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Test Kitchen Tip:
We do not recommend using a sugar substitute for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts (Breakfast Fruit and Nut Cookies)
- Per serving:
- 205 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 9 mg chol. ,
- 121 mg sodium ,
- 34 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 17 g sugar ,
- 4 g pro.