Ready-To-Go Prosciutto Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, fennel seeds, sugar, salt, and baking soda. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until flour mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese and prosciutto.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture; add milk all at once. Using a fork, stir just until moistened. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough by folding and gently pressing 4 to 6 strokes or just until dough holds together. Lightly roll dough to 9x5-inch rectangle. Using a long knife or pizza cutter, cut dough lengthwise in half, then crosswise in fourths, making 8 rectangles.
- Arrange dough pieces on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown; remove from baking sheet and serve warm. Makes 8 biscuits. Makes 8 biscuits.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as above except omit fennel, cheese, and prosciutto; increase salt to 1/2 teaspoon.
TEST KITCHEN TIP:
To make ahead, prepare as above through Step 1. Place flour mixture in airtight storage container. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days. To serve, let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Continue as directed in Step 2. Bake time may increase by 1 to 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts (Ready-To-Go Prosciutto Biscuits)
- Per serving:
- 187 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 31 mg chol. ,
- 368 mg sodium ,
- 16 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 1 g sugar ,
- 5 g pro.