- Grease the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of two 9x5x3-inch, three 8x4x2-inch, or four 7-1/2x3 1/2-x2-inch loaf pans; set aside. In a very large mixing bowl beat sugar and oil with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add eggs and beat well; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add flour mixture and water alternately to sugar mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. Beat in pumpkin. Spoon batter into prepared pans.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 55 to 65 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks. Wrap and store overnight before slicing. Makes 2 loaves (32 servings).
From the Test Kitchen
Raisin-Nut Pumpkin Bread:
Prepare bread as above, except fold 3/4 cup raisins and 3/4 cup chopped walnuts into batter after pumpkin has been added.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 220 cal., 10 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 27 mg chol., 197 mg sodium, 32 g carbo., 1 g dietary fiber, 8 g pro.
Daily Values: 59% vit A, 2% vit. C, 2% calcium, 6% iron
Exchanges: .5 Starch, 1 .5 Other Carbo., 2 Fat
Nutrition Facts (Pumpkin Bread)
- Per serving:
- 191 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 27 mg chol. ,
- 197 mg sodium ,
- 29 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 18 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.
I just thought the bread was a bit too dark after it was cooked - I'll have to make this and see for myself! Thank you for the video it was great!