Pepper Biscuits With Cheddar Pecan Spread
- For Cheddar-Pecan Spread, in a food processor bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream. Cover and process until smooth. Add the cheddar cheese, pecan pieces, green onions, 1/4 teaspoon salt, the 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and the hot pepper sauce. Cover and process until nearly smooth. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until serving time.
- For Pepper Biscuits, in a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, the 2 teaspoons pepper, the sugar, soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the 1 tablespoon chives. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add the buttermilk all at once. Using a fork, stir just until moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Quickly knead dough by gently folding and pressing 10 to 12 strokes or until nearly smooth. Pat or lightly roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with a floured 1-1/2-inch biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 425 degree oven about 10 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack. Cool.
- To serve, let Cheddar-Pecan Spread come to room temperature. Split each biscuit in half horizontally and spread bottom with a rounded teaspoon of the spread; replace top. Arrange filled biscuits on a serving platter; sprinkle with additional snipped chives, if desired. Makes about 46 appetizers.
From the Test Kitchen
to make 1 cup sour milk, place 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar in a glass measuring cup. Add enough milk to make 1 cup total liquid; stir. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes before using it.
Store dip, covered, in refrigerator up to 1 week.
Nutrition Facts (Pepper Biscuits With Cheddar Pecan Spread)
- Per serving:
- 77 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 13 mg chol. ,
- 119 mg sodium ,
- 5 g carb. ,
- 2 g pro.