Mini Maple Buns for 40
- Add the first 8 ingredients to a 2-pound bread machine according to the manufacturers directions. Select the dough cycle. When cycle is complete, remove dough from machine. Punch down. Cover and let rise for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a small bowl stir together the brown sugar, softened margarine or butter, the 4 teaspoons flour, and cinnamon.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 16x14-inch rectangle. Spread with the filling to within 1/4 inch of the edges. Cut the rectangle in half lengthwise to make two 16x7-inch rectangles. Starting from a long side, roll up each rectangle into a spiral; seal edge. Cut each into 20 slices. Place, cut sides down, 1 inch apart on greased large baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place about 25 minutes or until nearly double. Brush rolls with a little additional milk. Bake in a 375 degree F. oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- For icing, in a saucepan heat the 1/4 cup butter over medium-low heat for 7 to 10 minutes or until light brown. Remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar and the 1/4 cup maple syrup. Stir in enough milk (2 to 3 teaspoons) to make an icing of drizzling consistency.
- Remove buns from baking sheets; cool slightly on wire racks. Drizzle with the icing. Makes 40 buns.
From the Test Kitchen
Bake and cool rolls. Do not drizzle with glaze. Wrap in foil and place in large plastic freezer bag or freezer container. Seal, label, and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw overnight in refrigerator or for 2 hours at room temperature. Place foil-wrapped frozen bread in a 300 degree F. oven for 25 minutes or just until warm. Serve as above.
Nutrition Facts (Mini Maple Buns for 40)
- Per serving:
- 137 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 10 mg chol. ,
- 102 mg sodium ,
- 20 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 2 g pro.