- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; set aside. In another bowl combine milk and melted butter. In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, and sugar; beat with electric mixer until thick (about 5 minutes). Add milk mixture; stir with a wooden spoon to combine. Add flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until smooth. Cover dough; chill at least 2 hours (dough will remain slightly sticky).
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut dough with a floured 2-1/2-inch round cutter. Use a 1-1/4-inch cutter to cut the hole for the doughnut. (You can also use a standard doughnut cutter.)
- Fry 2 or 3 doughnuts at a time in deep hot fat (375 degrees F) for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until brown, turning halfway through cooking with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining doughnuts and doughnut holes. Makes about 15 doughnuts and doughnut holes
- Shake warm doughnuts in a bag with Cinnamon-Sugar or powdered sugar. Serve warm (or reheat each doughnut 8 to 10 seconds in microwave on high).
- Stir together sugar and ground cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts (Best Donuts)
- Per serving:
- 382 kcal ,
- 20 g fat
- 290 mg chol. ,
- 326 mg sodium ,
- 39 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 11 g pro.
mommabear5301 203 Days Ago
Just got done making these. Followed the recipe except I didn't add as much nutmeg & I fried them in peanut oil. These were super sticky and hard to keep it's shape I ended up putting the cookie sheet I spread them in back in the fridge. That didn't help too much still too sticky. Got a few made into actual doughnuts & made some holes too. Made a powder sugar and milk "glaze" for them. Ate a few & these are super eggy tasting. I will try again with one less egg and maybe a lil less flour.
Willam Jack 652 Days Ago
There are those who dream and wish and there are those who dream and work!. We Provide you a unique and easy way to find job , you can get free messeges about newest job as your demand. Just visit website for detailswww.nypostreports.us