Blueberry Oat Chia Seed Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat thirty-six 1 3/4-inch muffin cups with cooking spray or line with mini paper bake cups; set aside. In a large bowl combine flour, oats, sugar, chia seeds, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In another bowl combine egg, milk, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon a scant tablespoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full. Bake about 10 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Serve warm or at room temperature. Serve within one day of preparation.
From the Test Kitchen
Choose from Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking or Equal Sugar Lite. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar.
Per Serving with Substitute: Same as above, except 102 cal., 13 g carb. (3 g sugars).
Nutrition Facts (Blueberry Oat Chia Seed Muffins)
- Per serving:
- 108 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 11 mg chol. ,
- 95 mg sodium ,
- 15 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.