- In a large bowl combine the first 4 ingredients (through salt). Make a well in the center, set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the next 4 ingredients (through sugar). Add to the flour mixture all at once and whisk until just combined. Stir in cheese.
- Add batter to a preheated, well greased Belgian waffle maker and bake according to manufacturer's directions, using about 2/3 cup batter per waffle.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine mayonnaise, lettuce, tomatoes, and vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle each cooked waffle with 2 tablespoons bacon jam while warm. Top with lettuce slaw.