- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll the pie crust out to a 12-inch circle and transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Roll edges in and prick the bottom of the crust all over with a fork.
- Bake crust for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet cook bacon until crisp over medium heat. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain and crumble once cooled, reserving drippings.
- Add onion to bacon drippings and cook just until tender and transluscent, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle bottom of crust with both cheeses.
- Sprinkle onion and bacon over cheese and top with tomatoes.
- Brush tomatoes with honey and sprinkle with thyme.
- In a small bowl combine egg with water. Brush outside crust with egg wash.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until tomatoes burst.
- Let cool 5 minutes. Sprinkle with lettuce and basil before serving.