Blackberry Lamb Chops with Date Couscous
- In a small bowl combine blackberry preserves, balsamic vinegar, and sage; set aside. Trim fat from chops. Sprinkle chops with garlic salt and pepper. Cook chops in skillet or on grill as directed.
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous mix according to package directions, except stir in the dates with the couscous. Serve chops with couscous.
- SKILLET: In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chops; cook about 8 minutes for medium (160*F), turning once. Remove chops from skillet. Drain off fat. For sauce, add preserves mixture to skillet. Cook about 1 minute or until melted and smooth, stirring to scrape up the crusty brown bits. Spoon sauce over chops.
- GRILL: For a charcoal or gas grill, place chops on the grill rack directly over medium heat. Cover and grill for 10 to 14 minutes for medium-rare (145 degrees F) or 14 to 16 minutes for medium (160 degrees F), turning once halfway through grilling and brushing both sides with preserves mixture during the last 2 minutes of grilling
From the Test Kitchen
Nutrition analysis per serving Grill Method: same as above, except 437 calories and 10 g total fat
Nutrition Facts (Blackberry Lamb Chops with Date Couscous)
- Per serving:
- 467 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 92 mg chol. ,
- 532 mg sodium ,
- 50 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 19 g sugar ,
- 36 g pro.