Black Bean and Sweet Potato Quesadillas
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the next four ingredients (through cumin); heat through.
- Layer mashed sweet potatoes, half of the cheese, bean mixture, spinach, and the remaining cheese on half of each tortilla. Fold tortillas over filling, pressing gently.
- Wipe skillet with paper towels; heat over medium heat. Add quesadillas, one at a time, and cook 4 to 6 minutes or until filling is heated through and tortilla is crisp, carefully turning once.
- Cut each quesadilla into four wedges. Serve warm with tomato salsa, corn salsa, and/or guacamole.
From the Test Kitchen
For prepared mashed sweet potatoes, peel and quarter 12 to 15 ounces sweet potatoes. In a covered medium saucepan cook potatoes in enough boiling salted water to cover for 25 to 30 minutes or until very tender. (Or place in a casserole with 1/2 cup water. Microwave, covered, 8 to 10 minutes or until very tender, stirring once.) Drain and mash sweet potatoes; measure 1 1/2 cups..
Nutrition Facts (Black Bean and Sweet Potato Quesadillas)
- Per serving:
- 530 kcal ,
- 18 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 25 mg chol. ,
- 1258 mg sodium ,
- 77 g carb. ,
- 13 g fiber ,
- 8 g sugar ,
- 22 g pro.