- In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture. In another large bowl combine eggs, buttermilk, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be slightly lumpy). Gently stir in blueberries.
- For each pancake, pour a scant 1/3 cup batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until pancakes are golden, turning over when surfaces are bubbly and edges are slightly dry. Cool completely.
- Layer pancakes between sheets of waxed paper in a freezer container or bag; seal and freeze for up to 2 months.
- To serve, place 2 frozen pancakes on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on 100% power (high) for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until warm, turning once. If desired, serve with syrup.
From the Test Kitchen
To make 3 cups sour milk, place 3 tablespoons lemon juice or vinegar in a 4-cup glass measuring cup. Add enough milk to make 3 cups total liquid; stir. Let stand for 5 minutes before using.
If you like, replace the blueberries with one of the following dried fruit options: snipped dried apples, dates, cherries, or mixed fruit; raisins; or dried cranberries.
Nutrition Facts (Berry Pancakes)
- Per serving:
- 304 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 5 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 43 mg chol. ,
- 530 mg sodium ,
- 44 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 10 g sugar ,
- 9 g pro.