Berry-Cherry Slab Pie
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Unfold pastry on a lightly floured surface. Roll pastry into a 15x12-inch rectangle. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet; set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together the granulated sugar and cornstarch. Add raspberries, cherries, and cranberries to sugar mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Spoon berry mixture crosswise onto half of the pastry rectangle, spreading to within 1 inch of the edges. In a small bowl combine egg and the water. Brush some of the egg mixture over uncovered pastry edges.
- Fold the uncovered pastry half over berry mixture. Using a fork, firmly press edges of pastry together to seal. Brush top pastry lightly with egg mixture. Cut two to three slits in top pastry.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl stir together the powdered sugar, butter, and almond extract. Add enough milk (4 to 5 teaspoons) to make icing of drizzling consistency. Drizzle icing over pastry. Cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Berry-Cherry Slab Pie)
- Per serving:
- 147 kcal ,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 14 mg chol. ,
- 50 mg sodium ,
- 20 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 11 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.