Beet Pasta Salad
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a 2-quart square baking dish combine beets and 1 tablespoon of the oil. Cover and roast for 20 minutes. Uncover and roast for 10 to 15 minutes more or until tender. Allow beets to cool to room temperature. Place cooled beets in a storage container; cover and chill at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool slightly; drain well.
- In a large bowl whisk together the remaining oil, vinegar, thyme, mustard, salt, pepper, and garlic. Add drained pasta, tomatoes, carrots, green onions, and celery. Stir until well combined. Transfer pasta mixture to a serving bowl or storage container. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours
- To tote, place blue cheese and parsley in separate storage containers; cover. Place beets, pasta mixture, blue cheese, and parsley in an insulated cooler with ice packs. To serve, add beets, blue cheese, and parsley to pasta mixture. Stir to combine. Serve immediately.
From the Test Kitchen
To make this recipe gluten-free, substitute 8 ounces of your favorite dried gluten-free small shell or other short pasta.
If you can't find both red and yellow tomatoes, use 1 1/2 cups of either red or yellow tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts (Beet Pasta Salad)
- Per serving:
- 315 kcal ,
- 19 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 11 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 11 mg chol. ,
- 394 mg sodium ,
- 31 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 8 g sugar ,
- 8 g pro.