Grilled Porcini Mushroom Burgers
- Place mushrooms in a small bowl; cover with boiling water. Let soak for 10 minutes. Drain, rinse well, and chop. Set aside.
- Combine chopped porcini mushrooms, ground beef, basil, thyme, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Mix well. Shape into 6 patties about 3/4-inch thick. Brush patties with garlic oil.
- Place burger patties on the lightly oiled rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat. Grill for 14 to 18 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in centers registers 160 degree F, turning burgers once halfway through grilling.
- Place focaccia wedges on the grill rack; grill for 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted. Remove burgers and focaccia from grill. Place each burger on a wedge of focaccia; sprinkle immediately with cheese. Spoon Tomato Relish on top. Makes 6 burgers.
From the Test Kitchen
Test Kitchen Tip:
If dried porcini mushrooms are not available, substitute thinly sliced and cooked button mushrooms.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together yellow tomato, red tomato, cherry tomatoes, sweet onion, olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Makes about 2-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts (Grilled Porcini Mushroom Burgers)
- Per serving:
- 540 kcal ,
- 30 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat ,
- 115 mg chol. ,
- 980 mg sodium ,
- 31 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 37 g pro.