Recipes and Cooking Beef with Cucumber Raita 5.0 (2) Add your rating & review Raita is a simple salad made with yogurt and fruits or vegetables. It helps keep this beef dish low in calories. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on June 14, 2011 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Mike Dieter Total Time: 25 mins Servings: 4 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 1 8 ounce carton plain fat-free or low-fat yogurt ¼ cup coarsely shredded unpeeled cucumber 1 tablespoon finely chopped red or sweet onion 1 tablespoon snipped fresh mint ¼ teaspoon sugar Salt and black pepper 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick ½ teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning Fresh mint leaves (optional) Directions Preheat broiler. For raita, in a small bowl combine yogurt, cucumber, onion, snipped mint, and sugar. Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside Trim fat from meat. Sprinkle meat with lemon-pepper seasoning. Place meat on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat, turning meat over after half of the broiling time. Allow 15 to 17 minutes for medium-rare (145 degree F) and 20 to 22 minutes for medium (160 degree F). Cut steak across the grain into thin slices. If desired, garnish steak slices with mint leaves. Serve with raita. Makes 4 servings. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 176 Calories 4g Fat 5g Carbs 28g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 4 Calories 176 % Daily Value * Total Fat 4g 5% Saturated Fat 1g 5% Cholesterol 55mg 18% Sodium 312mg 14% Total Carbohydrate 5g 2% Total Sugars 3g Protein 28g Vitamin C 1.8mg 9% Calcium 141.4mg 11% Iron 2.7mg 15% Potassium 576mg 12% Folate, total 16.1mcg Vitamin B-12 3.3mcg Vitamin B-6 0.3mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.