Recipes and Cooking Beef Tenderloin with Mushrooms 4.0 (8) Add your rating & review Beef and mushrooms are a delicious combination in this quick dish. Red wine adds an elegant touch. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on June 14, 2011 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Total Time: 20 mins Servings: 4 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 4 beef tenderloin steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick (1 pound) 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard or coarse-grain brown mustard 2 tablespoon olive oil or roasted garlic olive oil 2 4 ounce package sliced crimini, shiitake, or portobello mushrooms or one 8-ounce package sliced button mushrooms (about 3 cups) ⅓ cup dry red wine or sherry 1 tablespoon white wine Worcestershire sauce 2 teaspoon snipped fresh thyme Directions Trim fat from steaks. Spread mustard evenly over both sides of steaks. In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add steaks; reduce heat to medium. Cook to desired doneness, turning once. Allow 7 to 9 minutes for medium-rare (145 degrees F) to medium (160 degrees F). Transfer steaks to a serving platter; keep warm. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to drippings in skillet. Add mushrooms; cook and stir for 4 minutes. Stir in wine, Worcestershire sauce, and thyme. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Spoon over steaks. Makes 4 servings Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 231 Calories 13g Fat 3g Carbs 21g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 4 Calories 231 % Daily Value * Total Fat 13g 17% Saturated Fat 3g 15% Cholesterol 52mg 17% Sodium 115mg 5% Total Carbohydrate 3g 1% Protein 21g Vitamin C 1.2mg 6% Calcium 20.2mg 2% Iron 3.1mg 17% Potassium 306mg 7% Folate, total 4mcg Vitamin B-12 2mcg Vitamin B-6 0.2mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.