Beef Brisket with Barbecue Sauce
- For cooking liquid, in a bowl combine water, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, bouillon granules, mustard, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and garlic. Reserve 1/2 cup liquid for sauce; set aside in refrigerator. Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut brisket to fit into a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker.* Place meat in cooker. Pour remaining liquid over brisket.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan combine the 1/2 cup reserved liquid, ketchup, brown sugar, and butter. Heat through. Pass sauce with meat. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
*If you only have a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker, double the cooking liquid ingredients; reserve 1/2. Leave all other ingredients the same. Prepare as above.
Nutrition Facts (Beef Brisket with Barbecue Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 194 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 56 mg chol. ,
- 482 mg sodium ,
- 7 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 21 g pro.
krjcshaw 412 Days Ago
I have made this recipe multiple times and is ALWAYS a crowd pleaser! By accident, I made the sauce as the liquid the meat cooks in overnight. This is how I make it each time. Enjoy!
Tiffani Smith 1102 Days Ago
This was really good, but I used beef broth instead of water & bouillon and I went with my gut and cooked it on low for 8 instead of 10 hours. 10 would've made it way too dry. 8 made it amazing!