- Make a pocket in the steak by cutting a deep horizontal slit. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon pepper on the cut surfaces of the pocket. Spoon the 4 apricots or peaches and 1 tablespoon almonds into the pocket. If necessary, secure opening of pocket with a wooden toothpick.
- To broil, place steak on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat to desired doneness, turning once. (Allow 8 to 12 minutes for rare, 13 to 17 minutes for medium, or 18 to 22 minutes for well-done.)
- Or, to grill, place steak on the rack of an uncovered grill. Grill directly over medium-hot coals to desired doneness, turning once. (Allow 8 to 12 minutes for rare, 12 to 15 minutes for medium, or 16 to 20 minutes for well-done.)
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan combine the apricot nectar, peach nectar, or orange juice; 4 apricots or peaches green onion; cornstarch; bouillon granules; and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- To serve, cut steak in half. Transfer each half of the steak to an individual plate. Pour sauce over the steak. If desired, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon almonds. Makes 2 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Drizzle whole green beans or asparagus spears with melted Mustard-Sage Butter or Sesame Butter and serve red grapes to complete your meal.
Nutrition Facts (Apricot-and-Almond-Stuffed Steak)
- Per serving:
- 251 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 65 mg chol. ,
- 286 mg sodium ,
- 16 g carb. ,
- 26 g pro.