Beef and Vegetable Biscuit Bake
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart square or oval baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil. Place Brussels sprouts and carrots in the prepared baking pan. In a small bowl combine oil, thyme, and pepper. Drizzle oil mixture over vegetables; toss to coat. Spread vegetables in an even layer. Roast, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender and browned, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook ground beef and onion over medium-high heat until meat is brown, using a wooden spoon to break up meat as it cooks. Drain in a colander.
- In the same skillet heat butter over medium heat until melted. In a small bowl stir together flour and salt. Whisk about half of the flour mixture into melted butter in skillet; whisk the remaining flour mixture into milk. Gradually stir milk mixture and the water into butter mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in roasted vegetables, meat mixture, and mushrooms; heat through.
- Spoon hot meat mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with biscuits. Bake, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and biscuits are golden.
Nutrition Facts (Beef and Vegetable Biscuit Bake)
- Per serving:
- 309 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 39 mg chol. ,
- 621 mg sodium ,
- 34 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 10 g sugar ,
- 17 g pro.