Beef and Bean Burritos
- In a bowl combine the first four ingredients (through garlic salt); toss to coat.
- In a large saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef mixture, half at a time. Cook about 5 minutes or until beef is browned, stirring occasionally. Return all beef to the pan. Add the water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours or until beef is fork tender.
- Transfer beef to a bowl. Shred beef using two forks. Add some of the cooking liquid if needed, to moisten the meat. Keep warm.
- Lay tortillas on a flat work surface. Spoon Cilantro-Lime Rice along the bottom one-third of the tortillas. Top with beef and the remaining ingredients. Fold bottoms of tortillas over filling. Fold in sides. Roll up tortillas tightly. Cut burritos in half.
From the Test Kitchen
Chile peppers contain oils that can irritate your skin and eyes. Wear plastic or rubber gloves when working with them.
- In a small saucepan combine the water and rice. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cook, covered, 40 to 45 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in cilantro and lime juice.
Nutrition Facts (Beef and Bean Burritos)
- Per serving:
- 385 kcal ,
- 17 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 58 mg chol. ,
- 915 mg sodium ,
- 39 g carb. ,
- 17 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 32 g pro.