- Cut flour tortillas into 6 wedges each. Arrange wedges in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until dry and crisp.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together the sour cream and finely snipped cilantro; cover and chill.
- In a large skillet cook zucchini, onion, carrot, and cumin in hot oil over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in pinto beans.
- Arrange tortilla chips on an 11- or 12-inch ovenproof platter or on a baking sheet. Spoon the bean mixture onto the chips. Sprinkle with chili peppers and tomato; top with cheese. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- To serve, transfer nachos to a serving platter. If desired, garnish with additional cilantro. Pass the sour cream mixture and, if desired, the salsa. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare the tortilla chips; cool and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days or in freezer up to 3 weeks.
Nutrition Facts (Vegetable Nachos)
- Per serving:
- 234 kcal ,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 7 mg chol. ,
- 498 mg sodium ,
- 32 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 10 g pro.