Broiled Rice and Vegetable Patties
- In a large mixing bowl stir together carrots, cooled rice, cheese, onion, peanuts, bread crumbs, parsley, ginger, coriander, and pepper.
- In a small bowl stir together egg whites and soy sauce. Add to rice mixture; mix well. Cover and chill for 1 or until firm enough to handle.
- Shape chilled rice mixture into four 3/4-inch-thick patties. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place patties on the baking sheet.
- Broil 4 inches from the heat for 7 minutes. Turn and broil about 2 minutes more or until set.
- Meanwhile, toast English muffin halves.
- To serve, place each patty on an English muffin half. Top with 2 tablespoons of yogurt. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare and chill vegetable mixture up to 24 hours before shaping into patties.
Nutrition Facts (Broiled Rice and Vegetable Patties)
- Per serving:
- 302 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- 10 mg chol. ,
- 338 mg sodium ,
- 39 g carb. ,
- 16 g pro.