Beans and Couscous with Fresh Tomato Sauce
- In a large bowl or saucepan quickly combine the water, couscous, oil, salt, and pepper. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Stir in beans, feta cheese, pine nuts, and basil.
- Serve couscous mixture topped with Fresh Tomato Sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
Icon: high fiber, energy boosting
If you have walnuts on hand, feel free to substitute them for the more expensive pine nuts.
Fresh Tomato Sauce
- In a medium bowl combine tomatoes, basil, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Nutrition Facts (Beans and Couscous with Fresh Tomato Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 406 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 8 mg chol. ,
- 729 mg sodium ,
- 58 g carb. ,
- 12 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 15 g pro.