BBQ Chicken Sliders and Waffle Fries
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a small bowl whisk together jelly and the 1/3 cup barbecue sauce until smooth; set aside.
- Arrange fries in a single layer on a baking pan. Sprinkle with bacon. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grease a shallow baking pan; set aside. In a medium bowl combine bread crumbs, nuts, the 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce, the poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add ground chicken; mix well. Shape mixture into eight balls. Place balls 2 inches apart in the prepared baking pan. Moisten the bottom of a glass and use the glass to press each ball until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place pan with burgers in oven. Bake fries and burgers for 5 minutes. Stir fries; turn burgers. Bake for 5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle fries with cheese. Transfer half of the jelly mixture to a small bowl and brush it over burgers. Bake fries and burgers about 2 minutes more or until burgers are done (165 degrees F) (see tip, below) and cheese is melted. If desired, place lettuce and/or tomato slices on bottoms of rolls. Add burgers; spoon the remaining jelly mixture over burgers. Replace tops of rolls.
From the Test Kitchen
The internal color of a burger is not a reliable doneness indicator. A chicken patty cooked to 165 degrees F is safe, regardless of color. To measure the doneness of a patty, insert an instant-read thermometer through the side of the patty to the center.
Nutrition Facts (BBQ Chicken Sliders and Waffle Fries)
- Per serving:
- 537 kcal ,
- 21 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 20 mg chol. ,
- 902 mg sodium ,
- 66 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 16 g sugar ,
- 22 g pro.