Maple-Nut Pie Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 11x7x1 1/2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over the edges of pan. Lightly coat foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- For crust, in a medium bowl, stir together flour, powdered sugar, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in the 1/2 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press mixture evenly onto the bottom of prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a medium bowl, combine eggs, mixed nuts, brown sugar, maple syrup, the 2 tablespoons melted butter, and maple flavoring. Spread filling evenly over hot crust.
- Bake about 20 minutes more or until filling is set. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Using the edges of the foil, lift the baked mixture out of the pan. Cut into bars.
- For garnish, if desired, in a large glass measuring cup, combine white baking pieces and shortening. Microwave on 100-percent power (high) about 1 minute or until mixture is melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Spoon or drizzle with white chocolate mixture and top with a pecan half. Makes 24 bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.